PORTLAND, Me. -- The 2022 USCAA National Convention kicked off on Sunday night with its annual Awards Dinner and Hall of Fame Ceremony.
This year seven individuals were recognized who have made a meaningful contribution to the Association through their accomplishments as student-athletes, coaches and administrators with induction into the Hall of Fame. For more information on these honorees, click here for their bio information.
Following the induction ceremony, the year-end awards were presented.
Director’s Cup - The Director’s Cup was established to recognize member institutions that excel in a wide range of men’s and women’s sports for which the USCAA offers championships. The Cup sets out to highlight the efforts of an athletic program that is diverse in its sport offerings and who compete for national championships on a consistent basis.
- 3rd Place - St. Mary of the Woods – Athletic Director Ron Prettyman
- Women’s D1 Volleyball National Champions
- National Runner-up Men’s Golf
- Women’s Golf Individual Medalist (co-champion)
- National Runner-up D1 Women’s Basketball
- Women’s Soccer – D1 tournament participant
- 2nd Place – Johnson & Wales Charlotte – Athletic Director Trudi Lacey
- National Runner-up D2 Men’s Basketball
- Men’s Golf – 3rd Place
- D2 Women’s Basketball – 3rd place finish
- Men’s Cross-Country participant
- Women’s Cross-Country participant
- D2 Women’s Soccer – tournament participant
- Director’s Cup Champion – D’Youville University – Athletic Director Ona Halladay
- National Champions D1 Women’s Basketball
- National Runner-up Softball
- Men’s Cross Country participant
- Women’s Cross Country participant
- Volleyball participant
- Women’s Soccer - participant
- Men’s Soccer - participant
- Baseball – participant
President’s Cup – Is given to the member institution that achieves the highest academic point total for the year. Rankings include: individual sport GPA, with the USCAA considering the top five from each institution, the overall department GPA and finally the number of student-athletes named to the National All-Academic team.
- 3rd Place - Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences – Director of Athletics Robert Coleman
- Top 5 Athletic teams average a 3.51
- Total program GPA is 3.4
- Had 40 National All-Academic award winners this season
- 2nd Place – Christendom College – Director of Athletics – Patrick Quest
- Top 5 Athletic teams average a 3.554 highlighted by Women’s Basketball with a 3.69
- Total program GPA is 3.415
- Had 37 National All-Academic award winners
- 1st Place – Carlow University – Athletic Director Lou Zadecky
- Top 5 Athletic teams average a 3.53 highlighted by Women’s Volleyball with a 3.63
- Total program GPA is 3.28
- Had 59 National All-Academic award winners this season and 1 Student-Athlete of the Year
AD OF THE YEAR
The USCAA’s Garth Pleasant Honorary Athletic Director of the Year award is an annual award bestowed upon an Athletic Director in the association who has made positive and meaningful contributions to their institution and the USCAA. The award is presented each year during this event.
The 2021-22 recipient is honored for her outstanding achievement and contributions made to the United States Collegiate Athletic Association. She serves on the USCAA Board of Directors, President of the Penn State University Athletic Conference, and her institution finished fifth in the Director’s Cup along with sixth in the President’s Cup. Her school also made seven USCAA National Championship appearances this season.
The 2022 Garth Pleasant Honorary Athletic Director of the Year is Staci Brennan of Penn State Mont Alto.